Thank you JMWOT for nominating me for the the ‘Liebster Award’ a few weeks ago (I thought I’d better get this post done, get it off of my ‘to do’ list’). It’s lovely to know that people like my ramblings. Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Oh wait and I forgot you’ve got to nominate people!
Now for the the difficult part… 11 random facts…let’s try and come up with something interesting which is not yet on my blog:
- I used to be into skateboarding, but was in no way a pro.
- I’m getting really into making homemade smoothies/milkshakes.
- I sometimes read the book before the movie if I have it, watch the movie and on occasion plan to re-read the book to see how good the movie actually was in comparison.
- I’m not overly fond of chocolate bars. I like chocolate cake and things like that…just not pure chocolate.
- It’s rare for me to go out to the shops and buy nothing. (I’m not a good ‘window shopper’).
- I’m planning on going to France next year.
- I aim to try something different/that I have never tried before every time I go out for a meal.
- My favourite takeaway is pizza.
- In the past I have had bright red, bright blue, yellow (not blonde, yellow) and pink dyed hair. I’d like to stress that these colours were not in my hair at the same time.
- When I was at school I wanted to be a tattoo artist.
- I have a ring with ‘elvish writing’ on it which looks like a silver version of the Lord of the rings ring. I wear this ring everyday.
Answers to the 11 questions:
- When did you create your blog and what/who inspired you?
I created my blog earlier this year, I guess the freedom to write about what you want and be who you are in a creative way is what inspired me to begin blogging.
- If you could have one thing in the world what would it be?
If it were any one thing, and didn’t have to be materialistic, it might be for everyone to be content (then maybe we wouldn’t have all of these wars, inequality etc.).
- Have you ever had any pets? If so, what?
I have had three Goldfish, a budgerigar and two dogs. My sister also had two hamsters that I remember.
- The funniest thing you have ever done?
There are many memories to choose from. So I’ll share one:
My friends and I used to go into a room you weren’t meant to be in at lunchtimes when we were at school. This room had a TV, heating, seating, tables and lots of nice things…which is why we went in there.
In a cupboard in the corner was one of those fake skeletons science teachers used to use, but this one had two strings which would make its arms move up and down. There was one particular teacher whom nobody liked, and one day we had decided to get the skeleton out and put it next to the window. Later we saw her walking past the window, so we hid with the string in our hands and just as she was passing, we pulled the string making its arms move up and down! I’ve never seen a grown, professional woman look so scared, and bewildered in my life! Needless to say, she ran away and we didn’t see her go past that window again…quite a mean thing to do looking back on it, but at the time it was such a funny moment as she was the ‘hardnut’ teacher so to speak, the one who hardly ever showed emotion.
- Do you like reading? If yes, what’s your favourite book?
Yes. There are many favourite books! I’m not sure I can pick ONE…so I’ll name a few of my favourites instead -The Harry Potter series
Bright Young Things by Scarlett Thomas
Surf wax and vodka jelly by Lucy Clarke
State of emergency by Sam Fisher
The Imperial series by Mark Robson
Two of the series by Maria V. Snyder
And many more, but there are a few.
- What’s your favourite film? Why?Again, I’m not sure I can pick just one, but anything with superheroes in it, Harry Potter, Shawshank Redemption, Avengers Assemble, Back to the future and sister act are just a few of my favourites.
- If you could visit one place in the world where would it be?Anywhere you can see the Northern lights (Aurora Borealis).
- Your dream job?It used to be a tattoo artist, but now I honestly don’t know. Something which involved helping people, perhaps a therapist or something like that.
- Your favourite pastime activity?Either hanging out with friends, or playing PS3 at the moment.
- Your most precious item?A photo I have of my Great Grandmother, my Grandmother, my mother and me as a baby together.
- And finally… Your most embarrassing moment?I have too many to choose…but I’ll share this one:
When I was young, I was quite a shy person. I stupidly agreed to stand up in front of (it must have been) over 50 people to introduce acts at a gig for my friend as someone else had let her down. When I got to the microphone, I froze a bit, my throat closed up and I could only just get the words out before jetting off at speed back to my seat after each announcement…people from school were there, friends, strangers…a lot of people saw (and just about heard) my failed attempts at introducing people. I was very embarrassed about that at the time.
My nominees (even if you already have this award, or don’t take part in awards, It’s my way of saying that I love your blog and think others should read it by linking to it below):
11 questions for my nominees:
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What is your current favourite song?
- An object you cherish?
- Top 5 favourite books?
- What do you like to do to pass the time?
- Name three superpowers you would have if you could choose?
- You’re writing the screenplay for a horror movie, where is it set?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
- If you could date any celebrity who would it be?
- Favourite drink? Alcoholic or not.
- Who inspires you?